Ashutosh Rana's Rajma rice

My favourite dish
"Aloo gobhi and Matar ki sabzi are my favourite."

I love to eat at
"I enjoy eating home-cooked food as it's hygienic and low on calories."

My favourite cuisine
"I like North Indian food."

My non-food passions
"I always read during leisure time."

Best meal i've ever had
"I had the best meal at my guruji's ashram. The Satvik food I had there still tantalises my taste buds."

My favourite recipe
"Rajma rice."

Ashutosh Rana's Rajma rice
Ingredients
Red kidney beans (Rajma): 500 gm; Chopped onion: 100 gm; Chopped tomato (deseeded): 100 gm; Chopped ginger: 15 gm; Chopped garlic: 15 gm; Black cardamom: 2; Green cardamom: 2; Kashmiri red chilli powder: 8 gm; Turmeric powder: 4 gm; Desi ghee: 50 gm; Chopped coriander: 10 gm; Salt to taste.

Method
Wash and soak the rajmafor 6/8 hours. Boil the rajmain sufficient water with cardamom till soft. In a pan, add ghee, saut the onion till golden brown, add the ginger, garlic and then tomato. Add turmeric, cook for 10 minutes. Add chilli and then the cooked rajma. Simmer for 1 0 / 1 5 minutes. Adjust consistency and salt. Add chopped coriander. Serve with boiled basmati rice.

(As told to Ravneet Kaur)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Jenna Lyons divorce: Lesbian lover of J Crew boss outed as Courtney Crangi

BAFTA TV Awards 2011: The Only Way Is Essex girls lead the glamour

Small Doses of Vicodin OK for Breast-Feeding Moms, Study Says